Part 2 Our is guest Tim Mulroy of Northwester Mutual. […]
Part 2 Our is guest Tim Mulroy of Northwester Mutual. So how do we get ourselves to do what we know we should do?
Tim shares some tips and tricks to self-discipline that lead to self-motivation. Turns out, it takes more than just you!
Tim’s big idea’s for this episode:
- 2:45 Willpower Leveraging –
- “Make it in a way that the decision is easy to make now, but really hard to get out of”,
- “The people you surround youself define what you will become”
- 5:30 Joe talks about investing in others to invest in you. We need others to hlep us with our own boundaries and focus.
- 10:20 Closed Systmes – Using external influences for accountability. “Every single one of us has an emotional home inside the box”
- 11:40 The 80/20 Priniciple – “If we do what comes natural, we are in the 80%” , “Only three things happen naturally in organizations: friction, confusion and underperformance. Everything else requires leadership.” Peter Drucker
- 13:50 Two parts to our brain:
- The Dumb Part – The Limbic Brain – Fight or Flight. “Thore is really strong and really dumb”
- The Smart Part – The Wise Owl – Considering what is necessary for best long term results.
@timothymulroy on FB and LinkedIn