Paul helps companies recruit executives faster and more efficiently using the “Art of Recruiting” to help companies stand out from the pack. He is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Herd Freed Hartz, celebrating it’s 20th anniversary this year, having worked with 300+ clients across a mix of industries and roles. They have been named Top retained search firm in the NW by Forbes magazine last 3 years, national public speaker on “The Art of Recruiting” and even invited on Season 4 of Top Recruiter.
Paul lives in Bend, OR with his wife Rachel and 8 yr old adopted daughter Samantha. He loves all things outdoors (skiing, mountain biking, hiking, wakesurfing), passion for travel (82+ countries so far), watching Shark Tank, Jeeping, and perfecting his Traeger BBQed pork shoulder.
Topic: Art of Recruiting: How to Inspire Talent You Want
Overview: To attract the talent you want to grow your business, you need to stop boring them with your job descriptions. You can’t attract an A-player when most job descriptions sound like “Here are 20 soul-sucking tasks you can do….interested?”.
House Listings are like Job Descriptions.
· Why real estate agents stage a house & listing – do the same for your job descriptions.
· To accomplish anything of significance – you need to recruit and attract others to join you
· Art of Recruiting just works and great ROI
Balance the Steak & Sizzle
· 4 quadrants – kitchen sink/ping pong/franken-description/talent magnet
· Steak examples to include.
· Sizzle examples to include.
Read it aloud – Is it Authentic & Inspiring?
· Would you say that to a human sitting across from you?
· Authentic voice – should sound like I’m talking with you 1:1
· Hero/Villian/Quest – invite someone to be a hero on your epic mission that matters.