Joel and Greg talk about the art of creating a great culture in the workplace.
People will always differentiate the great cultures from the poor.
“Culture is an aroma that people will pick up immediately.”
What does a great culture include?
- A great vision of engagement
- People with a great atttitude. Only 32% of all workers really enjoy their work.
- An engaged workplace is a joyful workplace. Fun doesn't cut it long term.
- Engagement creates opportunities.
A cross-section of our average workplace in the US.
- 30% are engaged and experiencing joy in their work (investors)
- 50% are present and performing, but not growing (traders)
- 20% are unsatisfied and passively compromising or actively searching for other opportunities (takers)
How do I create a culture filled with engages team members?
- Open the front door, recruit and hire more of the top 30%(investors).
- Close the back door, help the middle 50% to grow to become investors.
- Open the back door and release the bottom 20%, the takers.
As leaders what can we do?
- Get our and engage with our people.
- Provide for our people with great pay and benefits.
- Develop the relational componants that attract and retain great people
Joe and Joel are professional business coaches. We would love to servce you. Check out our services!